The aim of CREST 2023 (2nd International Conference on Construction Resources for Environmentally Sustainable Technologies) is to disseminate information and exchange ideas on issues related to natural disasters and disasters associated with anthropogenic activities, as well as to provide solutions through the use of alternative resources, disruptive technologies and soft type disaster mitigation measures for building a sustainable and resilient society from the perspective of geoengineering.
The first symposium of the CREST series, CREST 2020, could be successfully organized during March 9-11, 2021, at Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan in online format due to Covid-19 pandemic. The overwhelming support that we have received towards CREST 2020 from the academia, industry, and government organizations, was a matter of great encouragement for the organizing committee. It has therefore, been decided to hold the second conference of the CREST series as CREST 2023 in a face-to-face format.
The themes of CREST 2023 conference cover broad range of interdisciplinary areas affirming to The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction that has set specific priorities for action to prevent new and reduce existing disaster risks. One of the key priority is for enhancing disaster preparedness for effective response and to "Build Back Better" in recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction. And this includes integrating disaster risk reduction into development measures, thereby making nations and communities resilient to future disasters.
Moreover, in the face of increasing trend of climate change induced natural disasters, governments around the world have adopted more stringent environmental policies to reduce emissions and carbon footprints. Therefore, as engineers, researchers and policy makers, who are working with the resource-intensive construction industry, it is also our duty to contribute towards a sustainable and disaster resilient society.
- Abstract submission openingJanuary 15, 2022>
- Abstract submission deadline (Extended)
May 31, 2022June 30, 2022
- Abstract acceptance notificationJuly 15, 2022
- Extended abstract and full-length paper submission openingJuly 15, 2022
- Extended abstract and full-length paper submission deadlineOctober 15, 2022
- Extended abstract and full-length paper acceptance notificationJanuary 15, 2023
- Registration of papersJanuary 15, 2023
- Revised full-length paper submission deadlineFebruary 15, 2023
- Opening of participant registrationFebruary 15, 2023